Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stick customizations

Well, it's been a while since I've put up a new article... between a new job and life in general, I've just been busier than all get out. Not to mention, that I've been doing a bit more gaming as of late too.

One of the ressons, I've been doing more gaming is because I'm trying to get accustomed to using arcade stick exclusively. It's a big jump from pad to stick, but well worth it in the long run.

I'm not going to get into the advantages of using an arcade stick on this article, but I am going to talk about one of the more "fun" parts of owning one, and that's customizing them.

My stick is a Street Fighter IV: Round 1 Tournament Edition Stick. out of the box, it looked like this:



This gist of what I did was:

- Designing custom artwork and having it printed
- Removing the ugly red bezel/rim around the art
- Having someone give a "wood grain" effect to the outer area
- Having the outer area painted black
- Custom buttons/ball top

Teh finished result?

Photobucket Photobucket Showing off the wood grain effect


And, there you have it. Not only is an arcade stick something that gives a competitive advantage for most during play, but, it's also something that can be a representative of yourself and your creativity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment