Saturday, October 17, 2009

Time for Mickey Mouse to get EPIC!

I never would've though that, being older than 10 years old, I'd be excited for a game centering around Mickey Mouse. However, Warren Spector (Most noted for his work on the game Deuce Ex.), has done the job. Due out for fall of 2010, this game looks like it's going to take Mickey on an adventure that really breaks from the traditional "Mascot hero saves the cutesy land" adventure, and takes him into a world that seems a lot more "dark" than you would expect. I also like that he's given a look that's "updated retro" to boot.

Here are a couple of Magazine scans showcasing some of the characters and screenshots of the game (Credit: Gameinformer Magazine for these).



Another thing of note is that it looks like it's going to be a Wii exclusive (Sorry "hardcore High horsers"... looks like Nintendo's third party is actually shaping up this generation), which is interesting in itself.

From the looks of things, I have a feeling I'll be picking this one up. Even though it's not the typical game I play, I think it's really noteworthy that Disney's looking to resurge the character that hasn't starred in anything of note in a decade through a videogame, rather than a movie. I'd love to hear what anyone reading thinks of it all, and, you should all feel free to comment and share opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment